Katherine High School provides every person with every opportunity to work and learn in a safe and welcoming educational environment where our staff and students are supported to meet the high expectations of the community in which we all live.
Our school believes that we can best meet the challenges of the future by investing in the individual strengths of young Australians.
Our main campus is situated on Grevillea Road and was built in 1988, with additions in the early 1990s and 2007 and in 2010 including our impressive Sport Science centre and Vocational Training spaces.
We have excellent facilities including tennis and netball courts, a large, air-conditioned gymnasium and undercover outdoor basketball court, as well as computer laboratories. There are specialist learning areas for Art, Hospitality, Technology, Science and Music.
Our secondary campus of Katherine Flexible Learning and Engagement Centre (KFLEC) is located on Kintore Street and provides a tailored experience for students who are disengaged in mainstream schooling.
Our school serves a region larger than the state of Victoria and caters to students with a diverse range of backgrounds, including RAAF, pastoral, the public sector, and remote and urban First Nations students which includes more than 30 language groups from across the Territory. The school currently has more than 500 enrolments including an Aboriginal and Torres Strait population of more than 60 per cent.
Our school is full of exciting opportunities to suit the needs of individual students including:
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs and work experience for Year 10-12
- NT School of Distance Education
- NT Music School
- Clontarf Foundation
- Stars Foundation
- Big Rivers School Sport NT
- Student Wellbeing & Inclusion Annex
- Katherine Flexible Learning and Engagement Centre
- HEAL Program for our Senior Years students, which aims to prepare students for life beyond their high school classroom.
- Specialist academic programs are also offered, including extension classes, Pathways, and special intensive classes.
Every person. Every opportunity.